The following sites are useful resources about pending legislation and analyical reports from Congress.
- Thomas, the website of Congress
- Government Publishing Office, for searchable text of the Congressional Record
- Congressional Budget Office
- Government Accountability Office, a research arm of Congress
Information on policies and initiatives of the Administration. Current and proposed policies concerning visas, export controls, and other topics.
Higher Education Associations
Statements of universities’ positions on pending legislation and regulations concerning student aid, research, tax policy, visas, intellectual property, and other topics.
- American Council on Education
- Association of American Universities
- Association of Research Libraries
- Council on Governmental Relations (research administration issues)
- Council of Graduate Schools
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Humanities Alliance
- Science Coalition
Useful sources of expert advice and data on policy matters.